Upper Shock Mount Conversion Kit
Jeep Wrangler YJ / Cherokee XJ / Comanche MJ
The upper front shock mounts on many Jeep models use an uncommon, 3/8", threaded stud that severely limits options when upgrading or replacing shocks. This kit converts the factory upper shock mounts to accept eye ring or hourglass style bushings - both of which are much more common, and lead to a drastically increased list of upgrade or replacement shock options.
- Converts front upper stud type shock mount to accept traditional EB1 hourglass type bushings.
- Protective zinc plating for corrosion resistance and long lasting protection.
- Provides necessary mounting type for extreme-travel aftermarket shock absorbers.
- Relocates upper shock mount 1.10" lower for easy bolt access and additional droop.
- Replaces original 3/8" threaded mounting stem with larger 7/8" bolt for greater strength and security.
All In The Details
- Installation of Shock Conversions effectively reduces the static length of shock absorber by 1.10".