Tailgate Spare Delete - Tailgate Vent
2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
Eliminating your Jeep's factory spare tire carrier exposes the plastic/rubber factory cabin vent. Without your spare present, his unsightly plastic allows an increased amount of dirt/debris to enter the tailgate and can lead to premature rust & corrosion. Covering it completely, on the other hand, will affect cabin airflow when the top/doors are on and cause the HVAC system not to work properly. This JKS tailgate vent kit replaces the brittle, plastic factory vents with a louvered metal plate to prevent breakage, minimize the likelihood of interference from debris, and allow free airflow as intended by the factory design.
- Can be used in conjunction with the factory spare tire carrier.
- Can be used in conjunction with the JKS License plate relocation kit JKS8210.
- Durable gloss black powder coat.
- Includes tailgate plugs for 3rd brake light wiring hole and spare tire bumper holes for a clean, finished look.
- Laser cut 18 gauge steel, new stainless steel hardware.
- Louvered design minimizes chance of dirt/debris getting into tailgate - better than factory rubber vent.
- Louvered panel provides proper cab ventilation while eliminating the unsightly factory tailgate vent. Essential accessory when running a bumper-mounted spare tire carrier or completely deleting the spare tire from the back of the Jeep.
- Will work all 2007-2015 vertical and horizontal OE tailgate vent openings.
All In The Details
- 2007 Jeep Wrangler (JK)
- 2008 Jeep Wrangler (JK)
- 2009 Jeep Wrangler (JK)
- 2010 Jeep Wrangler (JK)
- 2011 Jeep Wrangler (JK)
- 2012 Jeep Wrangler (JK)
- 2013 Jeep Wrangler (JK)
- 2014 Jeep Wrangler (JK)
- 2015 Jeep Wrangler (JK)
- 2016 Jeep Wrangler (JK)